Federal Litigation Primer for Special Education Lawyers (3-29-23)
This training is designed for education lawyers who represent parents and students under the idea and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. It will cover various enforcement strategies in federal court to ensure implementation and compliance related to special education/504 programs, services, and accommodations.
- Learn federal litigation strategies to implement special education services and accommodations in federal district courts in the Southern and Eastern Districts
- Learn strategies and tips on investigation, preparing and filing federal actions concerning special education services
- Learn the key legal issues relating to exhaustion of administrative remedies;
- Learn how to file a TRO/Preliminary injunction to enforce special education rights for pendency and other emergency cases
- Learn the blueprint for negotiating and settling special education cases in federal court
- Learn strategies for pre-trail procedures up to the point of discovery
- Elisa Hyman - Law Office of Elisa Hyman
- Benjamin Kopp - Attorney - The Cuddy Law Firm PLLC.
CLE CreditsAreas of Professional Practice: 4.00
FormatOn-Demand/Recorded - Audio/Video File
Practice Area(s)Education Law
MaterialsContains 4 training item(s)