FOR SUMMER INTERNS: Being Less Like A Lawyer - Lawyering for Movement Building
In this introduction to movement lawyering, participants will explore a model for cultivating a lawyering practice that contributes to movement building. This interactive workshop will explore questions such as:
· Why adopt a movement lawyering approach?
· What do we mean by movement building?
· What are key strategic differences between direct services and advocacy and organizing?
· How do lawyers impede movement building?
· What can lawyers do to play a more helpful role in movements?
· How can direct legal services work contribute to movement building?
By working with colleagues from their own practice unit, participants will also have a chance to apply the concepts explored in this training to their own work.
WhenMonday, July 29, 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
LocationLegal Services NYC - Central
40 Worth St., 6th floor
New York, NY 10013
CLE CreditsSkills: 3.00
CLE SuitabilityContent appropriate for both experienced and new attorneys
FormatTraditional Live Classroom
Practice Area(s)Legal Practice